In Regenesi we started the new year by defining a precious mantra, which accompanied us from Florence to Milan where we had the pleasure of representing the future of sustainable fashion.
"YOU can make the world a SUSTAINABLE place". That's right, just you.
Because if each of us committed to making small daily gestures, it would certainly be a great step forward for the future of the planet. This is why we have chosen to dedicate the first article of the year to you, with a few simple tips for a sustainable living.
· RECYCLE WASTE · The best way to be sustainable is to recycle. When recycling, you save money, raw materials, energy and CO2. Store all waste in the right basket. Regenerated or recycled materials consume much less energy than that required by new materials.
· LEAVE YOUR CAR AT HOME · There are more ecological and less expensive alternatives for getting around: public transport, cycling or walking, a choice that will also reward your health. For example, we encourage working from home whenever possible, an eco choice both in terms of travel and on-site consumption (heating, electricity, etc.).
· BUY RESPONSIBLY · Trying to live more sustainably also applies when making purchases. It is important to choose locally produced food products at Km 0, with sustainable packaging. In fashion, Made in Italy is always a winning choice in terms of quality and reliability, guaranteeing a longer product life. Also pay attention to fabrics and dyes, and always prefer natural fibers or born from regenerated material.
· DECREASE THE CONSUMPTION OF PRODUCTS · Modern society has taught us that consumption is the basis of the economy, and advertising has always manipulated us towards a type of consumer society. If we decrease consumption we will produce less pollution and waste. Alternatively, we can choose to rely on companies that produce with a circular economy.
· ADJUST THE TEMPERATURES · In winter, an internal temperature between 19 and 21 degrees is more than reasonable. In summer it is good not to overdo the air conditioning, setting the temperature between 24 and 26 degrees will certainly be fine. For each grade, consumption increases by about 7% and the difference in the bill is noticeable. A very large part of CO2 present in the air is caused precisely by the heating of houses and public places.
Day after day, the small gestures of environmental sustainability that now require a little effort will become everyday life and make you truly satisfied with yourself.
Together we can make a difference!